Friday, August 19, 2005

Paul Quirk's Blog

Paul Quirk photo
Hi Folks,

I thought I'd better finally try out this blogging business.

It seems proper to start with an introduction. My name's Paul Quirk, I'm 47 (still) and live in the UK. That's me on the right. About a year ago I started getting interested in the possibility of making my living online. Given I currently work as an IT professional (or geek as some would have it) this may strike some as coming to the party rather late. Maybe, but then it's fashionable in some parts to arrive late...

I've always wanted a family business and this whole area has given me opportunity to work with my brother, Mark. He's also in IT. Between us we work for the two largest software companies in the world, Oracle and Microsoft.

Given the strong IT background we created our first web site, http://www.CareOfWindowsXP.com/ in order to save having to keep telling people how to do stuff that Mark and I tend to do by long exposure the the world of computers. I took a week off work to write the first version and Mark and I have been applying some updates, improving formatting and generally getting to know how to do things on the web.

It's fun.

More later. Gotta go and walk the dog..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home